[X4U] I have made a BIG mistake with sudo...

jcuervo jcuervo at ualberta.ca
Fri May 27 13:45:51 PDT 2005

Hello there,

I am new to the list, but I'm in a really need for help.

By mistake I have moved the whole /etc directory to my home directory.

Now, anytime I need to run anything that needs something from /etc it fails,
this includes any sudo command, since it invoques /etc/sudoers. As a
consequence, I can't even put back etc in its place because I need sudo
atributes. I think I just  got trapped in a deadend, I hope to be wrong!.

If anyone out there knows a wayout, I woul really appreciate the help

Thanks in advance

Javier C