[X4U] I have made a BIG mistake with sudo...

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri May 27 14:06:28 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 03:45:51PM CDT, jcuervo <jcuervo at ualberta.ca> wrote:
:
: By mistake I have moved the whole /etc directory to my home directory.
:
: Now, anytime I need to run anything that needs something from /etc it fails,
: this includes any sudo command, since it invoques /etc/sudoers. As a
: consequence, I can't even put back etc in its place because I need sudo
: atributes. I think I just  got trapped in a deadend, I hope to be wrong!.
:
: If anyone out there knows a wayout, I woul really appreciate the help

Reboot into single-user mode and move the directory back.

Just remember, /etc is actually a symlink to /private/etc.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/