[X4U] Re:Installing AppleWorks in Tiger

John McG ensignjd at optonline.net
Fri May 27 15:48:40 PDT 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 4:44 PM, x4u-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:16:59 -0400
> From: kp <phlbrck at gmail.com>
> Subject: [X4U] Re:Installing AppleWorks in Tiger
> To: x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
>
> Jerry Krinock wrote:
>

>> AppleWorks has issues in Tiger.
>>

> Thanks for jumping in Jerry. I find in the Apple forums as well as
> MacInTouch that we are not alone. What bugs me most is that some
> people have made it work.
>
> Margaret Yacobucci sent the following
>

>> corrected my problems by changing the keyboard to U.S. from U.S.
>> Extended.
>>

> I had great hopes but found I was using the correct keyboard, and
> even changing back and forth accomplished nothing.
>
> I would ditch AW except its spreadsheets are a vital part of the
> work flow and conversion of historical records would be a horrid
> waste of time.
>
> KP

I have it working with no problems on 3 different machines. I've
deactivated the foreign language fonts and some of the other nonsense
fonts that come along with various apps.

There was a major issue with a font called "Times CE" causing all
sorts of havoc in 10.3. Try disabling it with Apple's Font Book.
Also try deleting the preferences for Appleworks.

John