[X4U] Re:Installing AppleWorks in Tiger

kp phlbrck at gmail.com
Sat May 28 09:00:18 PDT 2005

John McG wrote

> I have it working with no problems on 3 different machines. I've
> deactivated the foreign language fonts and some of the other nonsense
> fonts that come along with various apps.
>
> There was a major issue with a font called "Times CE" causing all
> sorts of havoc in 10.3. Try disabling it with Apple's Font Book.
> Also try deleting the preferences for Appleworks.

I can now certainly agree that my problems have been font related - if nothing else Margaret's hint about changing the keyboard had to be a clue. This morning I wiped 10.4 and reinstalled with zero foreign languages and fonts resulting with AppleWorks working just fine.

Many thanks for all the help.

Ken Philbrick