[X4U] Copy HD in Tiger

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat May 28 17:05:20 PDT 2005

On 05/28/05, Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote:

> I want to copy my HD in Tiger to a larger one and CCC doesn't work
> under Tiger.  But Bombich wrote that this can be done in Disk
> Utility.  I don't see how. Can someone tell how to do?

Apparently, you missed the item at
<http://forums.bombich.com/viewtopic.php?t=5264> that describes how to run
CCC under Tiger-it works, just cloned my 10.4.1 boot drive and am running
on the clone. The way you use Disk Utility is to boot with the install
CD/DVD, launch Disk Utility, select the volume you wish to copy, click on
the restore tab, drag the source from the left-hand panel into the source
block, drag the target volume into the destination block (I suggest you
erase it before doing this), and click on the restore button. Disk Utility
will copy the source onto the destination, albeit it takes 2-3 times longer
than using CCC or SuperDuper!.