[X4U] Safari tabs-any way to open home page on new tab?

Vince Lewis vplewis at mac.com
Sun May 29 11:29:14 PDT 2005

On May 28, 2005, at 10:39 PM, Allan Hise wrote:

> On Sat, 28 May 2005, Vince Lewis wrote:
>

>> On May 27, 2005, at 6:43 PM, Michael Elliott wrote:
>>

>>> Is there anything the easy-equivalent of just selecting my home
>>> page in Safari's preferences?
>>>
>>> It drives me crazy but not THAT crazy :-)
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

> [snip]
>

>> The Really Easy Way™ is:
>> 1. With your home page showing in Safari
>> 2. Open Safari Prefs-->General
>> 3. Click the button that says Set to Current Page
>>

> That's true, but I think what drives the OP crazy (and me too) is that
> even though I have a home page set as you suggested, only the
> initial tab
> loads it. Subsequent tabs come up empty. I would really like to hit
> command-T and have the new tab pop up my home page, instead of a blank
> page.  Firefox is the same... If there is a way in either browser
> to make
> that work, I would be quite happy.
>
> Allan

Can't help you with that. As far as I can tell, cmd-t is set to open
as a blank page, which I agree is completely useless. In fact, I
can't think of any reason for wanting a blank page (at least in a
read-only browser like Safari) in the first place. Maybe we should
all file bug reports if we think this is incorrect behavior.

ciao,
Vince