[X4U] Safari tabs-any way to open home page on new tab?

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun May 29 13:02:47 PDT 2005

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 01:29:14PM CDT, Vince Lewis <vplewis at mac.com> wrote:
: On May 28, 2005, at 10:39 PM, Allan Hise wrote:
: >
: >That's true, but I think what drives the OP crazy (and me
: >too) is that even though I have a home page set as you
: >suggested, only the  initial tab loads it. Subsequent tabs
: >come up empty. I would really like to hit command-T and have
: >the new tab pop up my home page, instead of a blank page.
: >Firefox is the same... If there is a way in either browser
: >to make that work, I would be quite happy.
:
: Can't help you with that. As far as I can tell, cmd-t is set to open
: as a blank page, which I agree is completely useless. In fact, I
: can't think of any reason for wanting a blank page (at least in a
: read-only browser like Safari) in the first place. Maybe we should
: all file bug reports if we think this is incorrect behavior.

I think the behavior is correct.  I'm an avid tabbed browser
user.  And when I open a new tab, I immediately enter some URL.
I do not want to waste time on a new tab and wait for it to
auto-open some other URL, especially when the remote site is
slow or the local network is slow.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/