[X4U] VPN vs. Timbuktu with Netopia router?

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Fri Oct 14 06:33:37 PDT 2005

Hi everyone.

We're looking for a new router for our LAN and the two our network
supplier recommends are Netopia's R910 and R9100.

First off, does anyone have any experience with either of these two
routers? What's your opinion of them?

The biggest difference between the R910 and the R9100 that I see is
that the later has VPN acceleration (both have standard VPN). Is this
really worth the price difference?

We've never accessed our network from a remote location but the idea
sounds intriguing. Both the above routers also come with Timbuktu. What
are the Pros and Cons of accessing via VPN vs. Timbuktu? I'm pretty
green when it comes to all this and know nothing about either methods.

Thanks

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com