[X4U] OT: H.264 on Windows [correction: 3vix codec]

Neil Lists at mac.com
Mon Oct 17 19:10:03 PDT 2005

OK, I went back to the video and checked the info window in Quicktime and
discovered that I actually encoded it with the 3vix codec, not H.264.  Now
that I think about it, H.264 didn't exist yet when I encoded the video a
long time ago.

It's a .mp4 file.  QT says 3vix D4 4.5.1, 640x480, millions, AAC stereo,
24fps.  1113.25 kbits/sec.

So, given that it's 3vix, should that play smoothly on a PC using a
different player, like VLC or WMP?