[X4U] OT: H.264 on Windows [correction: 3vix codec]

Neil Lists at mac.com
Tue Oct 18 12:44:55 PDT 2005

on 10/18/05 4:41 AM, Kunga wrote:

> Screw 3ivx. Encode from an iDVD image 320 x 240 10 fps 100 kbps with
> Handbrake. Your file is WAY TOO BIG.
>
> <http://handbrake.m0k.org/>

OK, I downloaded HandBrake, and I see how to set the data rate and the frame
rate, but not the resolution.  There is no help file for the program.   I
checked the (skimpy) on-line documentation and faq, but there weren't any
clues there either.  How do I get DVD quality video down to 320x240?  I've
seen files in that resolution and I know that will be fuzzy, but that's
better than choppy.

As far as the frame rate goes, this is a Salsa dance video and has a lot of
fast action.  Do you think ten frames per second is enough to capture that?

Finally, did you mean 1,000 kbps instead of 100 in the data rate?  That
sounds ridiculously low, especially in light of the dance video clips I've
just reviewed on my hard drive.  The files that looks good are all over
1,000 kbps.  Thanks again for all your help,

Neil