[X4U] Re: X4U Incremental Backup Suggestions

Jim Elmore jelmore at elmoredesign.com
Wed Oct 19 06:16:13 PDT 2005

On Oct 19, 2005, at 3:33 AM, Oliver Marshall wrote:

> Isn't the version that comes with drives Retrospect Express, which
> is a
> cut down and free version, which doesn't have incremental/differential
> features.
>
> If I recall correctly that is.

Without checking with Dantz, I've used the Express version before and
I think the restriction was network backups to file sets larger than
2GB. Maybe that was an operating system limitiation? But it sure
seems like I was doing incremental backups back then. Maybe the
restriction was for just one computer instead of several on a network.