[X4U] Lack of sleep

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Sep 1 11:21:18 PDT 2005

> On Aug 31, 2005, at 11:27 PM, Jan Melichar wrote:
>
> > Despite my best efforts my Mac (G5) will not automatically go to
> > sleep in response to the preferences I have set. In the process off
> > trying to track down the problem eventually I closed all
> > application but still no sleep. Disk Utility reports no problems
> > and Permission have been repaired after installing the latest
> > update to Tiger.
> >
> > Anyone any idea why this should be.

Is this always, or just part of the time?  My G5 2x2 doesn't like to go to
sleep on its own a lot of the time.  I seem to have less problems after
rebooting, but even then I still sometimes have problems.  I think part of
the problem is one or more of the applications that I often run.  Or a WAG
would be that it might be memory related, as after it's been running for a
while I have little or no free memory.

		Zane