[X4U] Lack of sleep

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Thu Sep 1 12:12:02 PDT 2005

> On Aug 31, 2005, at 11:27 PM, Jan Melichar wrote:
>

>> Despite my best efforts my Mac (G5) will not automatically go to
>> sleep in response to the preferences I have set. In the process
>> off trying to track down the problem eventually I closed all
>> application but still no sleep. Disk Utility reports no problems
>> and Permission have been repaired after installing the latest
>> update to Tiger.

Its a long shot, but have you disconnected all peripherals -
particularly any network connections (including wireless) and
anything else that may occasionally create some activity? Even a
misbehaving mouse or keyboard could be a problem (or a misbehaving
pet messing with the mouse or keyboard).

One other question, can you get it to sleep by selecting it from the
Apple menu? If so, does it stay asleep for the 15 minutes or so  of
inactivity you have set to make sleep on its own? I'm just trying to
determine if its not sleeping because it's sensing some time of
activity.

-Mike