[X4U] Boot Camp [A]

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Wed Aug 9 13:45:57 PDT 2006

At 5:45 PM +0100, 8/9/06, Simon Forster wrote:

>Oh dear, I didn't really want to get involved in this but did you
>follow the link supplied by Stroller
><http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20041011-4276.html>? This
>seems to support Stroller's assertion with respect to OEM licenses.

O please. Because someone has access to a html editor does not make
them an authority on anything. That writer chooses to take the
similar position of since many people are doing it, and since he
wants to interpret it with a gaping loophole, then he can do what he
wants to do. Read my link supplied as to Microsoft's rewording of
their OEM license to make it even more clear what their intent is.
And it is not to have people thinking that OEMs are people that
purchase USB cables.

>  There's a link through to Directron.com which points to a product
>that's out of stock. However, the blurb for this product clearly
>states under what circumstances the product can be purchased.

Because Directron is doing something wrong does not set a new
understanding of what the license allows them to do. Read the OEM
license and you will see that what they are doing violates the
license.

>Here in the UK I don't seem to have any problem getting an OEM version.

And I have no problem getting cocaine from my local supplier and many
others on my street. Doesn't make it legal.
--

Robert Ameeti

To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.