[X4U] Windows XP SP2 CD for Virtual PC License

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 19 12:06:03 PDT 2006

I'm looking for a copy of Windows XP SP2 for Boot Camp and have two
licenses for Windows XP via Virtual PC.

Has anyone on the list who has a Windows XP license from Virtual PC
gotten M$ to send them a Windows XP SP2 CD to use with that license
for a nominal cost? If so, how did you go about it? Whom did you
contact, etc?

If not, what is the cheapest way to get one that will work with the
Virtual PC Windows XP license, other than borrowing one from a friend?

BTW, I tried a borrowed volume license CD but it wouldn't accept the
Windows XP license number that comes with Virtual PC. I was able to
get a Windows XP (not SP2) upgrade CD to take one Virtual PC  license
for Parallels Desktop but Boot Camp needs an SP2 CD.

TIA for any help on this.