[X4U] Apple's user base geezers?

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Thu Dec 7 07:57:11 PST 2006

I spend a lot of my time working in the graphics/publishing worl.
This breakdown of ownership is not valid in my experience. Apple's
market share is still fairly low on a percentage basis of all desktop
computers, but there are still a whole lot of Macs out there. And in
my opinion users tend to keep Macs in service much longer than they
do the PC's. An interesting question would be what percentage of
working Macs are running OSX vs OS9 these days? I keep an old G3
tower computer on hand to run OS9 when I need to but that is very
infrequently now. I'd guess I have not booted that computer up for 6
months or so.

Just today I read a news article stating that half of the 'business
computers' in the US are not even capable of running Microsoft's VISTA.

And by the way, I am in that +55 group. ;(

Jens