[X4U] iTunes - Cleaning / Consolidating The Library

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Mon Dec 11 06:12:25 PST 2006

My old iTunes library still works fine - however - there are some bad
entries here and there - and I would like to create a brand spanking new
library.  I am not sure of the best way to do this.  I imagine that I can
simply:
- close iTunes
- and then move every song from the iTunes library folder into a temp folder
- delete the iTunes library file
- and open iTunes to a totally clean new setup
- then simply drag all the songs in again.

The problem with this is that it will duplicate all the songs on the hard
drive and I would prefer if there was a better way without all the
duplication and making the drives work so hard.

Q: What is the best way to go about this?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hosting4days.com
[db-lists]