[X4U] Audio CD Woes...

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Mon Feb 6 17:19:33 PST 2006

Gear: G4 Titanium Laptop/550mg running OS 10.4.4 (recent upgrade from
10.2.8)

Note: prior to the upgrade - all was fine!

I can't play store bought cds in iTunes V6.0.2 or Quicktime V7.04

After inserting an audio cd, all of the info shows up in the iTunes window,
but instead of playing a song, I get the 'spinning wheel' forever and have
to 'force quit' iTunes every time.

I also tried dragging an audio file from the inserted cd to Quicktime App
but after hitting play, I get the wheel again.

I'm not able to option/drag/copy an audio file from a cd to the desk top
either. (AIFF files living on the internal drive play easily in iTunes or
Quicktime.) I believe my cd/dvd mechanism is ok because data files can be
copied from cds, etc., and things like Disk Warrior work fine. I also
repaired disk permissions.

I don't know what to try next...
Thanks

--