[X4U] firewire woes

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Feb 25 17:22:43 PST 2006

Jan Melichar said:

>two days go two LaCie drives connected to my G5 had 'disappeared'
>when I woke the computer up. No amount of restarting, turning the
>drives off and on, repairing permission and so on made any
>difference.
>... I did
>install the 10.4.5 update a week ago.
>
>Anyone any any idea what might be going on here?

When you updated to 10.4.5, were your FireWire drives connected to your
Mac?  If so, this is the root of your problem.  You should never have
your FireWire drives connected when you update your OS.

Some folks have fount that reapplying the stand-alone updater fixes the
problem.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html