[X4U] iTunes and FreeDB

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 16:21:26 PST 2006

Guys,
Here's a site that has a script that will, in the words of the author
David Mundie:

".....toggle your firewall settings to prevent iTunes from accessing
Gracenote's CDDB database when you insert a CD or choose "Get CD
Track Names" from iTunes' Advanced menu. Read Me contains details."

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts02.php?
page=1#disablegracenote

Cheers,
John

On Jan 14, 2006, at 10:21 AM, DZ-Jay wrote:

On Jan 14, 2006, at 10:19, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> Right. Well, good luck. I've been looking at FreeDB lately and it
> is pretty lacking in data...

What bugs me the most is that, ever since version 6.x, iTunes does
not wait for me to request the track names, but wants to do it
automatically, and I can't seem to find an option to turn this off...

	dZ.