Features gone with Tiger - (Was: [X4U] "Searching" question under

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed May 10 11:37:22 PDT 2006

> - No AFP connections over AppleTalk

This is the one that has kept me from upgrading to Tiger (and was why I
didn't move to Mac OS X till 10.2).  It has also kept
others from upgrading to Tiger, at least one of those people has said he
will move to Linux as a result of this.  If he has to take the time to
rewrite his software he might as well move off the Mac.

In my case, I'm currently trying to remove my dependency on Appletalk.  I
use it to mount shares on an OpenVMS server.  This dependency is actually
hurting me, as it is keeping me from upgrading both OpenVMS and Mac OS X.
My problem is that neither NFS or Samba are an option, as neither will work
right to allow these two systems to transfer data (in the case of NFS it
works from the command line, but not from Finder).

		Zane