[X4U] Re: Spam Filter In Mail

Rod Buchanan lists_lrb at mac.com
Fri Sep 1 15:51:32 PDT 2006

On 9/1/06 5:27 PM, "Ray Choiniere" <rfcee at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2006, at 11:00 AM, midiboy at mac.com wrote:
>
>> On Aug 30, 2006, at 11:40 PM, B. Kuestner wrote:
>>
>> (regarding Apple Mail's spam filter)

> I wonder if you've looked at SpamSieve. It doesn't keep spam from
> reaching Mail, but it does quite a good job of separating the spam
> from other mail. It costs a few dollars (I don't recall how much, but

I'll second SpamSieve.  I've been using since 6/29 and it's accuracy rate is
at 97.8% with only 4 false positives in over 3400 emails.  Costs $25 from

    http://c-command.com/spamsieve/

Works with Mail.app, Entourage, Eudora, and maybe others.

Another option if you don't want to see spam at all is to get a Gmail
account from Google and pass everything through it.

--
Rod

"The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike."
-- Delos B. McKown