[X4U] Time Machine

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Wed Nov 7 20:36:50 PST 2007

I suppose everyone has horror stories regarding backing up. :)

Back in the 90's I worked for a computer store. A client we acquired
had their server computer fail. The secretary had for the past 5
years dutifully backed up the 'server' to a tape drive every day as
the last work task. They even kept a clean tape once every month just
to be sure. The only problem was that whoever set up the process
originally had done it wrong and all that they had on tape was the
OS. It took them well over a month of hard work to rebuild their
files. Very costly indeed.

IIRCC, it was a Quadra 800 hard drive that failed. Very small by
today's computers!

Jens Selvig
...lost in Montana...