[X4U] Another Leopard annoyance

Swanson, Andrew C. SWANSOAC at uwec.edu
Mon Nov 12 21:43:29 PST 2007

Sounds like you somehow got "snap to grid" turned on in the desktop view options.

Control/right-click on the desktop and select  "Show View Options".
Make sure the "Arrange by:" pop-up menu is not "snap to grid". You probably want "None".

I have hear of this some selection getting stuck, so try changing it to "snap to grid" and closing the view options window, then re-opening the view options window and changing back to "None".

While you are at it, you might want to see what kind of setting the "Grid Spacing" slider has. (I think having the "Grid Spacing" slider is a great thing!)

   Andy