[X4U] RAM counsel

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Fri Nov 23 10:52:49 PST 2007

At 9:28 AM -0600, 11/23/07, Linda wrote:

>On 11/23/07 7:59 AM, Robert Ameeti wrote:
>
>>That is different. I said "I've sent in ...". You said "AppleCare
>>phone support ..."
>
>You can't send it in for warranty work until you've got clearance
>via phone. :-) Or at least, that's how it was the last time I had an
>issue two years ago.

And you can get 'clearance' without resorting to putting in Apple's
original RAM.

>>They are just trying to minimize the occurrence of good units being
>>sent in with bad RAM. Been there, done that, too many times to
>>explain.
>
>My point exactly! Since you advocate NOT holding on to the original
>RAM for just such an incident, how do you recommend troubleshooting
>a problem?

There are lots of ways to test RAM. I know a RAM problem from one
that isn't. Experience I guess.

--

Robert Ameeti

Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering.
-- R. Buckminster Fuller