[X4U] iPods in cold weather

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Fri Oct 26 09:39:02 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I have an iPod shuffle that I clip to my jacket every morning when I
take my dog for a walk. This morning the temperature was 2 degrees
Celsius (about 36 F) and it got me thinking. Will I damage my iPod by
wearing it in this, and the much colder weather to come? I know that
battery life will drop the colder it gets but I'm more worried about
the actual inner workings of the unit. I know I could easily clip it
inside my jacket to keep it warm, but I tend to play with it quite a
bit while walking. Volume up or pause when a bus or truck approaches,
volume down or play after they pass. If it was just music I wouldn't
care but I listen to audio books and missing 5 - 10 seconds while
noisy traffic passes by could confuse story for me.

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design

Mailing adress: