[X4U] How do I de-install a product

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Jul 1 22:32:53 PDT 2009

On Jun 19, 2009, at 11:12 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

> That DOES *NOT* do everything. The best guess I can come up with is
> that it leaves a cron job in place. I havbe looked for help in
> deleteing it and the best I can come up with is : Learn UNIX and I
> do not want to do so. MacosX is too difficult as it is.

Actually, it doesn't.  And finding and changing a scheduled UNIX task
is surprisingly easy.

If you are using OS X 10.4 or later, you aren't looking for a cron
job.  You are looking for a LaunchDaemon.  If there is one for
SuperDuper!, it is a plain text file located in this folder, which,
unlike the CronTab folder, isn't even invisible:

/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/

You will need a true text editor to read and modify these files
(TextEdit won't do as it won't save the file in plain text format)
such as Tex-Edit Plus or BBEdit.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html