[X4U] How do I de-install a product

..lj darwin at ljsworld.com
Sun Jul 12 08:47:00 PDT 2009

On Jul 1, 2009, at 20:40, Daly Jessup wrote:

>> SIgh.. I tried it and it just didn't do *ALL* of the job.
>>
>> Ed

> Ed, I will suggest this one more time:  reinstall SuperDuper (it is
> NOT an evil program, even if you didn't like it). Once it's
> reinstalled, click the Schedule button and turn off all scheduled
> backups. THEN uninstall it. That should take care of it.  (It seems
> to me that it sets its schedule in some other part of the operating
> system, a part that doesn't have SuperDuper or ShirtPocket in its
> name.)
>
> Daly

SuperDuper! schedules using crontab. You can see it by going to your
Utilities folder and running Terminal. Then enter the following:

crontab -l

This will list the present crontab file which will probably have a
line or lines at the bottom with SuperDuper in it.

To Save a copy:
  crontab -l > ~/crontab.txt
Which will create a text file in your home folder called crontab.txt.
You can then edit the file using TextEdit to remove the lines. In fact
the SuperDuper lines will probably be the only non-blank lines in it.
Once you done this go back to your terminal window and reinstall the
corrected/empty file back into crontab by entering the following:
crontab ~/crontab.txt
This should eliminate the scheduling if you are in the same account
that SuperDuper was origianlly run in.
..lj