[X4U] Streaming Video

Lars Bertelsen lbe at mac.com
Sat May 30 13:43:49 PDT 2009

For streaming media, you need a server app
running on either your computer or a separate
server on the network.
Youi then attach a wioreless media player to your
tv, and hey presto: You can play any video on
your server to your tv.
As for Internet Video, do you mean youtube and suchlike?
That would mean an appliance with a built in webbrowser, most likely.
I'm sure they exist! :-)

This page is one place to start looking:
http://www.rbgrn.net/content/21-how-to-choose-dlna-media-server-windows-mac-os-x-or-linux
Not quite new, but it does give you an idea of what is out there.

This one too is instructive:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPnP_AV_MediaServers
Covers both servers and media players.

Lars Bertelsen