[X4U] Mac Pro RAM question

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Aug 16 16:13:18 PDT 2010

If you read reports on how to optimize your performance you'll find
that you degrade it by going with 4 or 8 modules.  The Apple website
shows the systems as shipping with either 3 or 6 1GB sticks.  They
will do configs with 4 or 8 sticks if you want, but the standard is 3
or 6.

There is no option to have 1 or 2 sticks.

Zane

At 7:50 AM +1000 8/17/10, Christopher Collins wrote:
>And looking at the Apple site for the new Mac Pros shows them all
>shipping with either single modules or pairs of modules.
>
>1 modules, 2 modules, 4 modules, 6 modules and 8 modules.
>
>cjc
>
>On 17/08/2010, at 7:38 AM, Christopher Collins wrote:
>
>>  3 memory channels, not 3 memory modules. Memory channels do not
>>need to be directly mapped to memory modules.
>>
>>  Different thing.
>>
>>  cjc
>>
>>  On 16/08/2010, at 11:57 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>>
>>>  Here is the info on the CPU's, and they list them all as having
>>>three memory channels.  I've yet to see any details on the chipset
>>>used in the new systems.  It's not easy finding any *real* info on
>>>them. :-(
>>>
>>>http://ark.intel.com/Compare.aspx?ids=41313,39721,47917,40200,47925,47922,47920,
>>>
>>>  Zane

>Seven Cent Deals - Great legacy stuff Great Legacy Price
>http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?cat=Seven+Cent+Deal

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Photographer               |