[X4U] Nobody on the net can help

Paul Moortgat paul.moortgat at pandora.be
Tue Oct 12 08:46:36 PDT 2010

I got for a few days now a "Self-assigned IP address" message when I
select the Airport Extreme in our iMac to use it to connect the iPad 3G.
So far I didn't found a solution on the internet to get rid of this.
This gives that I can't connect to the net with the iPad.  The 3G
doesn't seem to work either.
I set a manual IP address on the Airport (192.168.0.1 Subnet Mask
255.255.255.0) and the self-assigned message is gone.
But on the iPad is still an IP address 169.254.89.240 Subnet Mask
255.255.0.0 and still no connection.  On some apps I get the message
that
the Cellular PDP authentication failed.  I'll see the day after
tomorrow with my provider for the 3G.  For the iPad I've another
provider than for the Macs.
If someone knows a website where is explained how to fix it, let me
know.  I repaired permissions, reset the PRAM a few times.  Nothing
works.

Paul Moortgat