[X4U] Apple to abandon Mac Pro?

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Tue Nov 1 11:15:42 PDT 2011

On Nov 1, 2011, at 10:33 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> What Apple needs to do is bring out a new desktop that can use standard desktop CPU's, and support a boatload of RAM and drives. Very, very few people need the CPU power of a current Mac Pro.

interesting...reason I flipped for a Mac Pro in 2009 was for 3D rendering I do. maybe I'm an odd duck. most of the stuff I had been doing seemed to go well on a 2005 G4 Mini, even though that was getting long in the tooth.

well, as long as the macs of tomorrow can cut the wood I need cut, I don't care if it's a mini, an iMac or an ipad..really...