[X4U] How can I disable Mail

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Thu Nov 3 08:50:01 PDT 2011

On 2011 Nov 03, at 05:50, Allan Rube wrote:

> I cannot delete Mail

Why not?  Why can you not open a Finder window to your /Applications folder and drag Mail.app to the Trash?

Before you do that, though, I'd recommend zipping Mail.app, so if it turns out that you need it for some reason, you can unzip the Mail.app.zip archive you made and get it back.

> any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong.  A better question would be: Who/what is launching Mail.app every few hours?  Possibly by zipping and trashing Mail.app as I suggested, whoever/whatever will display an error dialog or write any entry to your console the next time it looks for Mail.app and can't find it.  Then you'll know the answer.