[X4U] Transfer, sync Address book data?

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Fri Apr 13 11:20:47 PDT 2012

On 2012 Apr 13, at 11:05, catsoul wrote:

> Like most of apple offerings, the iCloud thing appears to be easy-breezy to set up and use.

Yes, and like most Apple offerings, it is a little too easy, and *over*simplified.

A few months ago, I needed to remove all of my Address Book entries from iCloud but leave them on my Mac.  When I switched off the "Contacts" checkbox in System Preferences ▸ iCloud, I was given two choices in the dialog.  One choice, it seemed was to "Cancel" and do nothing.  The other choice, ambiguously worded, turned out to be "delete all of my contacts from *both* iCloud and Mac".

So I won't switch it back on until I find a way to control my data.