[BTM] BT and 802.11b

LaGrua Jeffrey A NORC LaGruaJA at corona.navy.mil
Mon Dec 9 07:24:37 PST 2002

This is most likely due to their relatively similar Bandwidth spectrums as
well as their close proximity acting together to create reflections which
are inducing enough harmonics to create signal interference and thus
disruption of comms. I find I have the same problem at home with my wife's
iBook and my PowerBook (both with Airport cards). When we sit together on
the couch, I can see the rest of the network in other parts of the house,
but not her. When I move to the chair (~8'-10' away) she reappears. Again,
signal reflection. As Robert mentioned, move them apart till your signal
improves. HTH.

-
Jeff A. La Grua BSCS, MCP, MCSE
Scientist - Advanced Projects Division PA23
Performance Assessment Directorate
Corona Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center
P.O. Box 5000
Corona, CA  92878-5000
(909)273-5549
x-3-5549