Recommendation for Mobile Phone

Joe Uselding juselding at vymac.com
Thu Dec 12 07:25:28 PST 2002

Hello everyone,

I was a member of this list a few months ago and could not get the company
to pony up for any Bluetooth devices so I unsubscribed from the list.  Last
week the IT Director informed me that some of our mobile users would be
getting new phones and they wanted to find a solution for wireless internet
access.  The company that we signed up with was "Cingular Wireless" because
of our area and they offer a nationwide plan.  (Our home office is in
Whitewater Wisconsin)  Well the company came to me wanting to use the Nokia
6340.  I told them they were nuts because the Nokia 6340 has a cable that
comes out of the phone with a serial port on the other end.  I would need a
serial to USB adapter in order to make that work.  The biggest reason that
they liked the 6340 was because it works with almost all data networks.  My
problem is that there are too many cables and I would need additional
software for the adapter.  It would make it a support nightmare for myself,
I DON'T THINK SO..  I would like recommendations on which phone/phones you
would recommend that are bluetooth compatible and that cingular supports.

http://www.cingular.com

I have heard many of you talk about the Sony-Ericsson T68.  Would this be a
good phone to go with?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--
Joe Uselding
VyMaC Corporation
juselding at vymac.com