[BTM] bluetooth-Nokia & Mac

Steve Savery steve_s at mac.com
Wed Apr 23 05:00:11 PDT 2003

Ahad

I'll have to ask my brother to visit with his 6310 to check this out.
I've never experienced this type of trouble, but my best guess is the
Nokia. From what I've read, and heard from Sales/Tech folk, Nokia's
implementation of Bluetooth is not as good as it should be. Suffice to
say that even a Sales guy told me this weekend not to buy the Nokia
Bluetooth headset from him, but to plump for a cheaper model! If that
isn't proof, I don't know what is! ;-)

Seriously though, if at all possible I would suggest that you try these
things with a Sony Ericsson. I used to use a T39 without any problems
(except attempting multiple connections between devices when the
Address Book assumed full control!). I now use a Siemens S55, which
although it lacks iSync and Address Book compatibility at present,
works just fine via Bluetooth (I can even browse it's internal memory
just as though it was an external hard disk!).

Good luck... I'll report back again once I've tried this with my
brothers Nokia 6310.

Steve