[BTM] T68i as modem

Benjamin Ing vbing at mac.com
Tue Feb 11 18:30:38 PST 2003

On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 09:54 PM, Mark O'Brien wrote:

> Depends on your provider. Dialing into an ISP is called CSD
> (Circuit-Switched Data). T-Mobile offers it, but if you enable what
> they
> call "mobile internet" (GPRS), you can no longer use CSD. AT&T offers
> GPRS
> only - no CSD. I don't know about Cingular or any other GSM providers.

Cingular supports both CSD and GPRS, although like you state, you have
to choose one or the other. The biggest pain is that about every 6
weeks, the CSD system goes down, and when you call service, hardly any
of the techs knows anything other than GPRS. For me, I dl about 1 MB of
email every nite (using my free nites and weekends time) to read
offline the next day, so I am willing to live with slower speed at the
expense of paying a per-byte charge.