isync has destroyed my life!

Reid Conti reid at conti.net
Wed Jan 8 15:52:16 PST 2003

Well, ok, not really..

I wasn't sure where to turn, so if any kind souls have advice, please
pass it my way privately..  thanks.

My system automatically upgraded iCal.  iSync stopped working (did not
show my palm V, t39 or ipod).  Whoops, maybe it's because the new iCal
requires a non-beta iSync.

Upgraded iSync.  iPod and t39 show up, but no Palm V.  Added Palm V by
hand.

Ever since then, syncs fail.  I've tried to sync all 3 and given it 4
hours.  no love.

I've tried devices one at a time.  no love.

It will pull changes from device, and pull changes from addressbook and
compare.. it will upload changes.. then it will say "preparing to
synchronize" with the bar graph halfway, and just hang.  I thought it
was hanging trying to do calendar/todo, but this time I'm trying to
sync my ipod only, with contacts only.  It uploaded 400 some contacts,
then said preparing to synchronize, then hung.  I have no idea what
it's preparing to synchronize -- seems to me once it's done with the
contacts it should be done.  If anyone has any advice it would be
greatly appreciated.. I feel totally lost .. no idea how to
troubleshoot or do traces or whatever.. very frustrating because I need
to get this fixed to be productive.  What a pain in the ass to have to
reboot every time I want to try something new (cancel never cancels,
and next time I restart isync it tries to pick up where it left off).
I would be happy enough to just destroy all data on the devices and let
the computer send everything, but I don't think that would help any..
thanks!

- reid