[BTM] BT internet

Steve Savery steve_s at mac.com
Tue Jul 1 04:28:01 PDT 2003

Right, I see.

There are devices which will do what you're asking. I think the
manufacturer of the device I suggested has another model which does
exactly what you're asking, but at a price. All the Access Point
devices seem to be quite pricey. Some offer better range, others more
users. Take a look on the expansys web site for other devices under
Bluetooth to see which ones suite your requirements.

Let me know if I can be of more help.

Steve

On Tuesday, Jul 1, 2003, at 12:18 Europe/London, Jason Davies wrote:

> it's just a question of sockets I think. Work is experimenting with
> getting people to use handhelds. They already have a few Tungstens so
> wanted to see if they could wirelessly connect them over BT since no
> wi-fi accessories seem to be available. So they would have a BT
> internet point like they also have Airport in certain areas. They have
> devices on order but the ones they ahve found are only available in
> short supply, thus my question. (It would also suit me a lot:
> basically I often take my PB in just because I am expecting a couple
> of emails I need to see. Otherwise my Palm would be enough for me that
> day. BT internet there would mean I could do that.)
>
> Make sense?

Steve Savery
Bristol, United Kingdom
[G4 Dual 867Mhz, Mac OS X 10.2.6]