[BTM] Still cannot use bluetooth

Jaime Gomez-Hernandez jgomez at upv.es
Sat Jun 21 16:05:22 PDT 2003

I have not been able to use bluetooth in a consistent way, yet.

I have a TiPowerbook 800 MHz, pre-bluetooth incorporated, and use a
USB bluetooth dongle.
I have disconnected all haxies, and have the latest updates of Mac OS
X and Bluetooth.

Most of the times when I boot up, I get  bluetooth recognized by the
system but in the bluetooth preference panel, under the device name,
it says: "Bluetooth Device Name: Not available, the device name is
the same as the Computer Name in Sharing Preferences"

After several shut downs and reboots, the Blueetooth Device Name
appears as the device name in Sharing Preferences and bluetooth works
correctly.

Plugging and unplugging the dongle does not help.

Any hints why this weird behavior?

Thanks

Jaime Gomez