[BTM] Best Bluetooth Phone

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 14 06:26:38 PST 2003

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 04:59  PM, KOZAK Imre Oliver wrote:

> You can use it for three things:
> 1) Address book pop-up message for incoming calls
> 2) Address book/calendar synchronization
> 3) Internet access

4. Sending and receiving photos
5. Playing movies
6. Playing games
7. Chatting via text
8. Talking to another person or animal

Of interest might be the Merlin C201 PC Card which Sprint offers and
that will connect a Powerbook to the internet at 3X dialup speeds
rather than 1/4th or so as some phones will.

The fastest desktop modems deliver about 46K bps, the slowest cell
phones about 9k bps and the Merlin 230K bps. Download times at Max
KB/sec are 4.6 for dialup and 13 for the Merlin. The slowest cellphone
would do less than 1.

Bluetooth downloads will be limited by the speed of Bluetooth, which I
do not know at this time.

---

Simple Solutions for Simple Minds.  Jack Rodgers for President.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com