[BTM] OT T68i Keyboard faults

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 14 06:41:16 PST 2003

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 04:43  AM, Martim Weinstein wrote:

> I honestly think that this is a very fragile phone especially keyboard
> wise, and Ericsson rather than admitting it, calls it a water problem
> because it's their only escape from probably doing a very time
> consuming fix under warranty.

If this is a very common problem with that phone model, it would seem
to be a design flaw, unless all owners are using it underwater...

Form a group and hire a lawyer and sue.

I use a Samsung i300 which I have carried in my shirt pocket for over a
year. In South Florida we perspire a lot and it rains. My phone has
been constantly subjected to both and never failed. One major
difference is the keypad is a touch screen and has no moving parts.

When I go into the Sprint store, I often see more people lined up at
the repair counter than at the sales counter so I assume that these new
super small phones have a high failure rate.

Maybe there is a website somewhere to register your failure, the
refusal to repair the phone, etc. If not, then start one. If it turns
out that 30% of the buyers are suffering the same failure and being
refused a warranty repair, I am sure than info will be of interest to
some government agency, lawyer and the competitors of the phone
mfg...Hey, don't by the xxxx it has a 30% failure rate and they refuse
to repair it.

Also, write a nice letter, not a rant and not a threat, to the various
department heads of the company and the CEO. List the problem and that
you know of at least xxx people with the same problem. What is going
on. How can you help, etc.

It would also help to know who is doing the repair. Is it the
manufacturer or the small store where you bought it...

---

Simple Solutions for Simple Minds.  Jack Rodgers for President.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com