[BTM] P800

Martim Weinstein emdub at mac.com
Wed Mar 19 04:10:08 PST 2003

I'll try to answer anything you like but I bought the phone last night,
recharged it and started using it this morning so my experience is very
limited as of yet!

It does not work with iSync, but you can send and receive files from
the phone. So you can export vcards from Addressbook or ical or
whatever calendar app you use and then send it to the phone. Makes the
process a bit more complicated and requires a few more actions, but I
don't believe Apple won't include P800 compatibility in the next iSync
revision.

As I said, the interface is a bit PC like so ease of use is relative. I
need to find an app that organizes the files into tabs or something
like I have on my Tungsten, or at least some app that makes navigating
the phone easier. The phone even divides directories into C:, A:, D:
etc. I must say the interface needs some more user friendly features.
The pen and scroll wheel however makes finding and selecting stuff very
fast.

I've seen the included video and I must say I'm impressed! I still have
to explore this a bit further, though.

Text input is going to take some getting used to since I'm VERY used to
the Palm Graffiti. The P800 has a more natural input method, but does
not recognize some of the Graffiti letters which I'm still forcing
myself to not write! :-) Unlike palm here you can write anywhere on the
screen and capital letters are made depending on where (on the screen)
you right the letter. With the lid closed it does not have T9 text
input... it should have in my opinion.

The camera is much better than the one you can buy for the T68i, or
maybe it's the screen that gives a much better view, but while I used
the camera on the T68 once or twice I can see myself using it much more
on this phone.

Anyway, the phone is still all very new to me so maybe in a few days
I'll be able to answer more questions and be able to give a better
description of the phone qualities and faults (opinion!).

If you need to know anything else... just ask! ;-)