[BTM] Why does T68i add "-" to names

Miguel Palacios (lists) mspalacios1 at mac.com
Fri May 9 05:12:48 PDT 2003

I found that synching my T39, Palm Tungsten T and my Powerbook did not
work well enough.  I found that this did not map properly the phone
entries when using isync.  Also Palm desktop hotsync did not map
properly entries with multple email addresses.  My process is not
really synching, but works well.

What I do now is just to send the address book entries directly from
the palm (in the address book, just go to category=all, then send using
bluetooth to the phone).   Make sure that you have deleted previously
your entries on the phone and when you send them you answer YES in your
phone when you bluetooth them over.  Similarly, i send it to the
Powerbook, and a vcf file appears on my desktop.  I just drag this to
the mac address book.

This assumes that the address book is only updated in the Palm and then
this becomes the master to send to multiple all my other devices.

Hope this helps.

Miguel