[BTM] Why does T68i add "-" to names

Dan Babcock newsletters at winx.mailshell.com
Fri May 9 05:38:54 PDT 2003

>> I just resynced my Address Book to the Sony Ericsson T68i and find
>> that the phone has inserted a "-" everywhere there's a space in the
>> first name.  In other words, "Dr. Geoff" in the Address Book becomes
>> "Dr.-Geoff" on the phone; "Marilyn & Wade" becomes "Marilyn-&-Wade."
>> Is there any workaround.  It's an irksome behavior on an already
>> annoying phone.

It's been a long time so I'm not sure I have the facts right here.  I
had this problem when I first started using iSync.  It seems it put the
- character where I had spaces.  It also kept syncing things that
didn't need it.

I created a copy of my Address book and copied my T68 address book to
the memory card.  I did the sync, restored from the backup, did the
sync, etc until iSync quit trying to copy things and it all looked the
way it was supposed to.  I now have iSync'd reliably for months.  I
also Sync to .Mac.

The whole sync process is very slow and seems flawed.  However, it
beats entering stuff twice.

Sorry, my description sounds more like art than science but that is
what my experience has been 8-)

Dan