[BTM] tungsten sync problem

peter ashworth aaaashy at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 29 02:20:35 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 11:41 PM, Jason Davies wrote:

> Do you mean you stopped using a Palm?

nope, use it every day, but only for my date book and address book

>  or any program that required conduits?

yep, my bad experiences with palm and avantgo went on for many many
hours of trying to get answers and failing repeatedly, only to discover
that both parties seemed to be blaming the other, you mentioned they
both blamed apple, but what the heck

if it was meant to work, they would have made it work

>  Palm produced an upgrade for OS X and 9,

we are talking os4.0 here? cos that was ridiculous

i had to decide between using the latest app, or running the old one
with the functions i wanted

i went back and forth many times, in the end i decided that i didn't
need the bother and stuck with 0s4.0 and left it at that\

unlike my mac, which i am putting a lot of time in on, in order to make
it work as i wish, i have wasted about 10 years of my life with these
pda's that work brilliantly out of the box, then start to stutter as
ipdates are applied

and before this i had a ms-dos laptop that drove me crazy for 10 years
- that really was just a memory typewriter imo (i mean it couldn't take
a floppy with more than 640k

>  then updated it to include a better Applescript library just recently.

where's that to be found?

>  Just because their tech support sucks: it's not much worse
> than Apple's in my experience, ie absolute crap. At least it's cheaper
> as you can email to find out they don't know about their own product.

peter