Do Apple Keyboards and Mice work on start-up question

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Thu Sep 25 11:52:35 PDT 2003

I was quite interested in getting a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse but have
read something that I am wondering if anyone here knows more about...

I have read that one reason that Apple is not including the Bluetooth
Keyboard and Mouse in BTO option for new Macs is that because they do use BT
and are therefore not recognised until the start process is complete...

If so one can't boot from cd or use the option key to look for other start
volumes without a non BT keyboard...let alone running fsck or other wishes
at start-up...is this correct? Any other comments?

Thanks,

Richard