[BTM] different dongles for BT?

garrett Lists-In at mxm.com
Fri Sep 26 13:32:11 PDT 2003

Sometime 'round 9/20/03 7:47 PM, so and so (Benjamin G. Levy) at such n such
(benlevy at rockinbeat.com) graced my inbox with this brilliant thought:

> I don't know why you find this hysterical.  Apple is indicating that
> the device is Bluetooth Spec 1.1 compliant.  Nothing funny there,
> just letting you know that other devices that are 1.1 should function
> correctly.  This is an issue because some 1.1 devices won't function
> with a 1.0 device.
>
> Ben
you know - after I wrote it - I thought - "why did you write that..."
because you r right! fool I am! Was one of those hyper-dislexic days where
nothing made sense. (kinda disappointed me that they didn't give any specs
on the BT hardware tho (like class etc) - I had to download a users manual
and look. (its class 2 btw)

now the REAL question I have is (now that I just bought a NEW 15" with
built-in BT - can I still use my ioGear class 1 dongle instead of the
built-in? still like the ioGear for its range.... hmmmm - wonder if the
software can SEE more than 1 BT adapter...

I'll know in a week unless someone here has tried it.

-------
garrett