BT access to LAN directly from Mac/BT Modem

Alpine Adventures mail at alpineadven.com
Sat Jan 3 19:26:39 PST 2004

Hi,

Two questions:

1. I am using a Palm T3 with a Mac running OS X 10.2.8. I would like to
access my Ethernet LAN on the Palm directly (without a separate network
access point) from my Mac via BT. Is this possible? I am mostly interested
in access to the LAN¹s broadband connection. The BT connection from Palm to
Mac works fine for HotSync and file transfer but I have not found a way to
access the LAN. Even with BT speed limitations it would seem like a useful
tool. Has anyone found a way to do this?

2. Has anyone had experience using the Zoom 4300 BT modem? I want to use it
with the Palm T3 on the road almost exclusively but I would not rule out use
with my Mac in the office if possible. Zoom claims it does not support
Macintosh Bluetooth. I understand there are other BT modems that do support
Mac OS X Bluetooth ­ any suggestions?

Thanks,

R.L. Stolz